The Soma Water Glass Carafe is made of shatter-resistant, borosilicate glass and holds 6-cups (48 oz.) of fresh, filtered water. The Glass Carafe is easy to fill – just place the carafe under the faucet and the lid door automatically opens for filling.
Soma’s filtration technology was designed by leading experts and the casing is made of 65% renewable, sugarcane plant-based materials, and free from BPA and Phthalates. The media inside the filter consists of certified sustainable activated coconut shell carbon, ion exchange.
About Soma Water:
Every time you buy a Soma product, they donate to charity: water projects. These contributions go directly to sustainable, community-owned water projects in developing countries.
- VOLUME: 6 cups, 48 oz.
- WIDTH: 5.8 inches
- HEIGHT: 10.6 inches
- DEPTH: 5.8 inches
- CERTIFIED BY WQA AGAINST NSF/ANSI STANDARD 42 AND NSF/ANSI STANDARD 53
- LIFETIME: Lasts 40 gallons
- FILTERED: Chlorine, taste and odor, Zinc, Copper, Cadmium, and Mercury
What gets filtered out:
- CHLORINE – water additive to control microbes.
- MERCURY – corrosion of galvanized pipes; erosion of natural deposits; discharge from metal refineries; runoff from waste batteries and paints.
- COPPER – corrosion of household plumbing systems; erosion of natural deposits.
- ZINC – corrosion of household plumbing systems; erosion of natural deposits.
Glass, reservoir, and lid are dishwasher safe (lid on top rack). Remove silicone ring and filter before washing.
B-Corporation Certified – Soma joined the community for business as a force for good in August 2014. B-corporations translate ideas into action, and are reviewed on standards of transparency, accountability, and performance.